Wednesday, August 22, 2018

About me










  My name is Wayne, but I go by Joey. I live on my own and I work full time. I decided to move out of my parent's house at 18 because I knew it was best for me. Since that day, I have learned how to provide for myself and stand on my own. The prime reason I am in college is because I want to help people as physical therapist. 
      
   When I moved out of my parent's house, I was nervous, and I had every right to be. There were times to where I would have to work on my truck myself and fix it. Working on vehicles was something I have never done before, but I had to learn because I didn't have the money to pay someone else to do it. Getting started on your own has proven to be very difficult to me, while attending college. However, things are better now because I have learned how to save my money and work on my truck.  

     I went to boot camp when I was in middle school, because I got into some trouble. Ever since then, I have been fascinated with how the body works. All throughout highschool I was in weight training. During my time in weight training, I injured my back and I was not able to lie down comfortably. I went to physical therapy because the pain was unbearable. After three months of participating in physical therapy, I was able to lay on my back without it being in pain. After physical therapy, I thought to myself, "I could help other people recover."  With this thought, I knew I could help people stand allowing them to function on their own again. However, there will be times that all I am doing is slowing down the process of someone losing their bodily functions. 






No comments:

Post a Comment